The adult toy industry is, for all practical purposes, banned in paid and display ads. In March 2021, Google updated its advertising terms of service, and don't allow non-family safe ads in image ads, video ads, and other non-text ad formats. This wording is interpreted broadly, effectively banning adult toy retailers from advertising, by having their products deemed not family-friendly.
With paid advertising out of the question, we pivoted to Fulfillment by Amazon. Many consumers start their search on amazon, and Dreampeach has much more leeway to advertise on this platform. This allows Dreampeach to build brand trust and customer loyalty via FBA.
Dreampeach Overcomes Low Conversions and Builds Brand Trust
Dreampeach is an adult toy retailer with a mission to take the stigma out of discussing and ensuring sexual pleasure. The adult toy industry, and Dreampeach, faces many hurdles when it comes to advertising its products online. Most social media platforms have placed hurdles in the way of retailers, which can be attributed to outdated squeamishness, and puritanical views about the business.
So, how does a business build trust and customer loyalty when they can’t pay to advertise?
Instead of using Google to conduct product research, as of 2021, 71% of consumers will turn directly to Amazon to search for prices, reviews, or make a purchase outright.
That’s because consumers have become conditioned by the convenience and centrality Amazon provides. They know that doing product research and finding competitive price points is easy on Amazon. And it’s made even more so when the third-party sellers have great reviews, competitive pricing, and reliable fulfillment service.
- 2021, Amazon’s revenue was$469 billion, up from $386 billion in 2020
- nearly one quarter (22%) of that revenue is driven by third-party sellers
- of those third-party sellers, 89% of them use Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) to manage their Amazon business
- 50% of Amazon sellers sell anywhere from $1,000 to $25,000/month
- 13% of Amazon sellers sell $25,000-$250,000/month
- The global sex toys market size was valued at USD 30.48 billion in 2021
- It is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.4% from 2022 to 2030
- Increased spending capacities and improved standard of living in developing economies are the factors expected to drive market growth
- Acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community and growing interest among women toward experimenting with sexual wellness products is promoting the adoption of such products
- There was a positive COVID-19 impact on the sex toy market, increased web traffic, and a surge in sales of toys during the initial stage of the pandemic due to social distancing and quarantine
- The increasing adoption of toys can also be attributed to couples experimenting with their relationship
Why That Matters
Using FBA allows Dreampeach to reach an audience that would not see its products while searching on Google
FBA creates a streamlined and easy experience for customers, thereby building trust with the brand
You can find out more about and see for yourself at www.Dreampeach.com
All of our stats are from… in collaboration with SEMrush analytics tools. Did you know we are a SEMrush Agency Partner? Learn more about how we work at: https://calendly.com/letsconvert/letsreview